British Holidaymakers Deaths Remain Unknown following Steigenberger Aqua Magic Evacuation
Scores of British holidaymakers have reportedly blasted officials for keeping them in the dark, following the deaths of a British couple from Lancashire who tragically died whilst on holiday at the Steigenberger Aqua Magic hotel in Hurghada earlier this week.
According to The Sun, safety experts yesterday branded the hotel as “an accident waiting to happen and a “repeat offender” with hygiene standards that have been questionable for a long time.
One tourist told MailOnline that a Thomas Cook representative told them the deaths were caused by “carbon monoxide coming through the air vent” – though the company says there is no evidence of this.
Steigenberger Aqua Magic Holidaymakers pursue legal action with Holiday Claims Bureau
Following the circumstances at the Steigenberger Aqua Magic hotel, the team at Holiday Claims Bureau are assisting people to pursue legal action through initiating holiday illness claims. Many guests assert they became ill during their stay due to a variety of reasons, namely due to the poor food and hygiene failings at the hotel.
Dale Watson from Newcastle said: “Five of us fell ill, we thought it was food poisoning, but no one really knows the truth.
“I hardly had a drink, I ate nothing for two days. I was projectile vomiting. In the end we just wanted to get out of there.”
Victoria Cocklin, 31, from Sunderland, said: “My three year-old son Harry has been poorly, he has been sick all over the place. He has been suffering from sickness and diarrhoea.
We were told by one of the Thomas Cook reps that the deaths were caused by carbon monoxide coming through the air vent.”
Comments from the Egyptian Public Prosecutor
Yesterday, the Egyptian Public Prosecutor allegedly concluded that “all equipment was sound and that there was no leakage or emission of any poisonous or harmful gases”, adding that “all equipment was working properly and had no faults”.
Holiday illness Expert Speaks Out
Michael Walker, founder of JPS Walker Solicitors and Holiday Claims Bureau commented:
“We are deeply saddened to learn of the deaths of Mr Cooper and his wife Susan earlier this week and send our deepest condolences to Kelly and the Family at this time.
“It must be incredibly difficult for all the Family, especially without knowing the cause of the circumstances.
“In our experience, we fear their deaths could have potentially been caused due to legionnaires disease, carbon monoxide poisoning or some form of contamination within the hotel.
“We sincerely hope the Egyptian authorities take the appropriate action to reveal the truth and prevent this situation from happening again.
“The team here at Holiday Claims Bureau have spoken to a number of guests who have recently returned from their stay at the Steigenberger Aqua Magic and urge anyone who can provide further information or who has been affected by illness during their stay to contact us”
Steigenberger Aqua Magic Legal Advice Helpline
If you or your loved ones have been affected by the circumstances at the Steigneberger Aqua Magic, our team of highly qualified, experienced holiday illness experts are on hand.
Call our helpline today to receive FREE legal advice and speak directly to a holiday illness expert. Call 0161 813 2131 or complete our contact form online if you would like to arrange a call back and we will be in touch as soon as possible.
How it works
The Holiday Claims Bureau have helped thousands of people to receive the highest compensation payouts
Latest Holiday Claims News
Take a look at our recent compensation claim wins that we have secured for our clients