Holiday Claims Bureau have a successful track record in pursuing group holiday illness claims.
What is a group action?
A group action is a single claim, usually for a larger group of holidaymakers and from different travelling parties. They will all have visited the resort within a similar timeframe, and become ill after consuming the food provided as part of the package.
Clearly, if more claimants have fallen ill after eating the same food, it is generally helpful to make group holiday illness claims. There will be more potential witnesses and evidence which is independent of the other claimants’. It may be that claims are notified to the Defendant (The Tour Operator) individually in the first instance and grouped together at a later stage if liability is in dispute and legal proceedings are issued against the Defendant.
Where liability is disputed, and the claim relies on co-operation from all clients (probably including people you don’t know, who did not travel in your party) then there must be patience, trust and understanding from all parties involved.
What can I do while I’m on holiday?
- Keep in contact with anyone else you meet at the hotel who has suffered with similar symptoms
- Report your illnesses to the Tour Representative together with holidaymakers outside your travelling party
- Seek appropriate medical attention
- Retain any evidence which helps your case (eg photographs of problems at the hotel, names of staff you raised concerns with, confirmation of cancelled excursions, receipts for any medication purchased, doctor’s notes)
What can I do when I’ve got back to the UK?
- Start or join a group on social media with others falling ill at the hotel
- Contact TripAdvisor reviewers who have stayed at the hotel and had a similar experience
- Seek independent legal advice. At Holiday Claims Bureau, we may have other clients on our books who fell ill at the same hotel. We would need to look at the dates all parties were at the resort and the nature of the illnesses before deciding on the best way to approach the claim(s). Any claim we take on would be on a ‘No Win, No Fee’ basis.
What is No Win No Fee?
No Win No Fee (legally referred to and known as a Conditional Fee Agreement) entitles British holidaymakers to pursue claims for compensation with peace of mind and the reassurance of not having to pay for any legal costs.
It is a legal agreement between you and your solicitor which takes the risk out of claiming and protects you against having to pay for any legal fees if your claim is unsuccessful.*
Are there any costs if my claim is successful?
If your claim is successful, you will receive the compensation that is rightfully yours. However, during the negotiation stage of your claim, your solicitor will need to take into account the recovery of their fees from the third party. This will usually be a small proportion of your claim and may vary dependent upon the complexity of your claim and will never be more than 25% of your compensation.
Thinking of making a claim?
Whether you are considering pursuing a claim individually or as part of a group, Contact us today to find out how much compensation we can help you to claim on a No Win No Fee basis, call 0161 813 2131 or start your claim online and we will be in touch with you shortly to evaluate your claim.
*subject to the terms of the agreement