Holiday Claims Bureau Secure Compensation for Child Who Suffered Allergic Reaction in Turkey
The incident happened in July 2022. Vinnie Nowacki, who was 5 at the time of the holiday, travelled to the Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel in Kusadasi, Turkey.
Vinnie is allergic to eggs, wheat, barley and peanuts. Vinnie’s Mother, Stephanie Jones informed TUI of Vinnie’s allergies when booking the holiday and was informed that the hotel could cater for him. She also contacted the hotel prior to her arrival to inform them of Vinnie’s allergies and they assured her that the staff in the hotel will be able to provide food for him.
On 18 July 2022, Vinnie attended the Kid’s club within the hotel where he was staying. When arriving at the Kid’s Club, Stephanie completed an allergy form and gave it to a member of staff to ensure they were aware of his allergies.
Whilst at the Kid’s Club, a member of staff gave Vinnie a pizza to eat. Stephanie was then contacted by a friend to tell her that Vinnie was suffering an allergic reaction. She rushed to see him and found that his face was blown up and his lips swollen. He then went into anaphylactic shock and was urgently taken by ambulance to a local hospital to receive treatment.
Whilst at hospital, Vinnie received an injection and fortunately was able to make a recovery within a few days. The incident left Vinnie very scared to eat anything for the rest of the holiday.
Holiday Claims Bureau Instructed
Stephanie instructed the Holiday Claims Bureau to make a claim for compensation against TUI after making an enquiry through their website.
The team at the Holiday Claims Bureau obtained all the necessary evidence to support Vinnie’s case.
TUI made the claim process very difficult but following extensive negotiations, the legal team at Holiday Claims Bureau were able to secure a settlement of £2,000 for Vinnie.
If you have experienced a similar situation, our expert team of food allergy solicitors is ready and able to assist you. They will fight for the compensation you deserve for any food allergy claim you may have.
Lessons Need to be Learnt
Stephanie Jones said “this was a terrifying experience for our family and it could have been so much worse. I just want the hotel and TUI learn from what happened to Vinnie to make sure it doesn’t happen again”.
“The staff in the hotel and TUI didn’t seem to take Vinnie’s allergies seriously. We were given repeated assurances that they could cater for him but this just did not happen in reality”.
Michael Walker, Partner at the Holiday Claims Bureau said “Stephanie booked a holiday for her family in the hope that they could have a relaxing break in a hotel which had assured them they could cater for Vinnie’s allergies. This holiday was ruined as a result of what happened and has left the family anxious and worried for any holidays they may go on in the future”.
“We are representing an increasing number of holidaymakers who have suffered from an allergic reaction whilst on holiday despite the hotels and holiday companies being fully aware of their allergies. This is a serious issue and paying compensation after the incident has occurred is not enough. The hotels and holiday companies need to put appropriate safeguards in place to prevent it from happening in the first place”
Start Your Claim
If you have an experience which relates to Vinnie’s or have encountered an issue while on holiday, contact our solicitors on 0161 813 2131 or complete our form to get the compensation that you deserve.
How it works
The Holiday Claims Bureau have helped thousands of people to receive the highest compensation payouts