Been involved in a car accident abroad? Not your fault?

How much compensation could I be entitled to for a car accident abroad?

The compensation you may receive for a car accident abroad depends on various factors. Typically, compensation covers medical expenses, loss of earnings, pain and suffering, and travel expenses. However, the amount varies on a case-by-case basis. It’s best to consult with a solicitor, like the Holiday Claims Bureau, to assess the specific details of your situation and estimate the compensation you could receive. It’s important to tell us:

  • Describe the circumstances surrounding the accident
  • Outline the suffering and distress you have endured
  • Review the impact that the accident has had on your well-being, work, and long-term health
  • Supporting evidence you can provide to establish the accident's cause, as well as the subsequent treatment you received

Are you the victim of a car accident abroad that wasn’t your fault? Get a free legal consultation today by calling 0161 813 213 or filling out our online contact form

Our solicitors can help you determine the value of your claim and work on a No Win No Fee basis.

No Win No Fee
Start your claim

Types of car accident claims we support:

  • Hit and run accidents
  • Rear-end, head-on or side-impact collisions
  • Pedestrian accidents
  • Multi-car pile ups
  • Accidents with taxis
  • Highway accidents
  • Drunk driving accidents

At the Holiday Claims Bureau we deal with all sorts of holiday car accident claims. If you have suffered an issue while on holiday abroad and it is not included within the list above, contact our team on 0161 813 2131 to see how we can best help you.

Start your claim

Can I Claim for a Car Accident Abroad?

At the Holiday Claims Bureau, our team of expert car accident claim solicitors have successfully secured thousands of pounds of compensation for hundreds of car accident victims that occurred abroad.

Whether you have returned home to the UK or are still overseas, following these steps will help to strengthen your road traffic accident claim:

  • Contact your travel insurance provider
  • Document and report the accident
  • Provide your solicitor with as much information surrounding the circumstances of how the accident occurred
  • Gather witness statements
  • If the police were involved, obtain any reference number and contact details
  • Provide your solicitor with the contact name and details of the medical establishment you received whilst on holiday or your return to the UK
  • Provide your solicitor with any receipts or documented evidence of the medical care and treatment you have received

Latest Holiday Claims News and Success Stories

Take a look at our recent news and compensation claim wins that we have secured for our clients

Can you make a claim for a coach, bus or shuttle accident on holiday?
If you’ve been involved in a coach, bus or shuttle accident while on holiday, it’s important to know that you…
Read More
22 Year Old Motorcyclist Victim Receives £58,000 Compensation Payout After Holiday Nightmare in Ibiza
22 Year Old Motorcyclist Victim Receives £58,000 Compensation Payout After Holiday Nightmare in Ibiza
Khaled and his friend touched down in Ibiza, embarking on what was meant to be a sun-soaked adventure. Little did…
Read More
£10,000 payout for client after France car crash misery
Foreign road
Holiday Claims Bureau have successfully secured compensation for a lady following a road traffic incident in France. Our client and…
Read More

Supporting evidence for our solicitors to help your claim

Experiencing an accident, injury or illness abroad can be disruptive. If you have encountered any of the losses or expenses below, the Holiday Claims Bureau can help.

Treatment Costs
Treatment Costs
  • Over the counter medicines and prescriptions
  • Private rehab cos (physio, CBT)
  • Future treatment
  • Professional care
Care & Assistance
Care & Assistance
  • Family and friends assistance with personal care and domestics tasks that you require after the incident
Lost Earnings
Lost Earnings
  • Wages
  • Future earnings
  • Career progression / opportunity
  • Overtime earnings
Travel Expenses
Travel Expenses
  • Parking expenses
  • Mileage
  • Public transport
  • Taxi fares

Frequently Asked Questions for Car Accident Claims

Do you have any questions regarding an accident on holiday? View our FAQs for answers to the most asked questions.
What happens if I have a car accident abroad?
If you're involved in a car accident abroad, it's important to exchange details with the other driver and gather evidence. You should also inform your travel insurance provider and seek medical attention. To discuss your legal options, call our team on 0161 813 2131 or use our contact form to arrange a free consultation with our experienced solicitors.
How long do I have to make a road accident abroad claim?
In most cases, you will have three years from the date of the accident to make a claim. However, this time limit may vary depending on the country where the accident happened. To ensure you don't miss out on your compensation, contact our team today on 0161 813 2131 or use our contact form.
Can I still make a claim if my road accident happened outside the EU?
Yes, you may still be able to make a claim for a road accident that occurred outside the EU, but it will depend on the laws of the country where the accident occurred. Our experienced solicitors can advise you on your options and help you navigate the claims process. Call our team on 0161 813 2131 or use our contact form to discuss your case.
Who can I make a claim against if I’m injured in a car accident abroad?
If you're injured in a car accident abroad, you may be able to make a claim against the driver who caused the accident or their insurance company. It's important to seek legal advice as soon as possible as the process can be complex. Contact our team on 0161 813 2131 or use our contact form to see how we can help you.
How it works
After filling in our simple online form the rest is easy...
step 1
One of our advisors will be in touch to take any extra information needed
step 2
We will assess your claims legitimacy and once approved we will begin the claim
step 3
Once an agreement has been made a cash sum will be awarded to you

Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, SRA number 632313. Holiday Claims Bureau is a trading name of JPS Walker Solicitors Limited, which is a limited company registered in England and Wales at Pure Offices Ltd, Brooks Drive, Cheadle Royal Business Park, Cheadle, SK8 3TD under Company Number 10213017.