UK Holidaymaker taken ill with salmonella after visit to Sentido Mamlouk Palace resort
Holiday Claims Bureau are assisting a British holidaymaker who was diagnosed with salmonella after visiting the Sentido Mamlouk Palace hotel in Hurghada, Egypt this summer.
Midway through the holiday, having dined on the food provided as part of an all-inclusive package, the guest was stricken by the onset of severe diarrhoea, fever, nausea and vomiting. On returning to the UK, samples revealed an infection with the salmonella bacteria.
Thomas Cook promote the resort with a ‘4 star rating’, and the vast majority of reviews for the hotel are very positive. However, there are accounts of poor food quality and hygiene issues in 2018 and Holiday Claims Bureau is ready to assist anyone who has fallen ill as a result of such failings at the hotel. One reviewer claims “my wife spent the week in the room after eating the food in the hotel”, and a July visitor stating that “The salad bar and bread selection are wide open to the birds. I spent half of my holiday Ill due to the woeful food”.
Have you been affected? Our tips
Should you or anyone in your travelling party have been taken ill and you believe that this is due to poor food hygiene, we recommend that where possible, you:
- Seek medical attention. Keep any doctors notes, along with receipts for medication you have purchased.
- Report your illness, along with any concerns you have about hygiene, to the Tour Rep and obtain a copy of the report. If you are having difficulty locating a rep or they are unresponsive, contact the Tour Operator’s customer service department directly.
- Take photographs of any food or hygiene issues that can be seen
- Exchange details with anyone else you meet that has been similarly affected
- Seek independent legal advice. Be wary of any ‘good will’ gestures offered by the hotel or tour operator, such as upgrades or vouchers. They are unlikely to properly address your pain, suffering and other expenses arising from the illness.
How it works
The Holiday Claims Bureau have helped thousands of people to receive the highest compensation payouts
Latest Holiday Claims News
Take a look at our recent compensation claim wins that we have secured for our clients