Illness, “poor” hygiene and “disrepair” reported at HL Club Playa Blanca, Lanzarote
The specialist team at Holiday Claims Bureau are concerned at hearing multiple reports of holiday sickness and poor food hygiene from Brits returning from HL Club Playa Blanca, Lanzarote.
Major tour operators run all-inclusive package holidays at this hotel. A UK Holidaymaker in June remarked that he “ended up with food poisoning and spent 2 days in the room”, observing:
“A group of 9 went on this holiday, we found it to be not what we had booked, hygiene standards were poor, we had to clean our cutlery, cups etc ourselves after the cleaners had been in.”
Other visitors in recent months have taken to TripAdvisor to comment that “…the food in the restaurant was not very warm” and that “bbq night food wasn’t cooked”.
If you’ve visited this hotel on an all-inclusive basis in the last couple of years and fallen ill, these accounts may paint a familiar picture. The Holiday Claims Bureau solicitors recommend the following to ensure that you give yourself the best chance of successfully recovering the compensation you deserve:
- Always report any illness in the party to the Tour Representative as well as hotel staff. The tour rep should document this: make sure you they give you a copy
- Seek medical attention, even if this is just visiting the resort pharmacy. The onset of symptoms of gastric illness can be sudden, uncomfortable and unpleasant. Keep hydrated
- Keep hold of receipts for any medication you have to pay for, along with any documentation from Doctor’s appointments
- Photograph and document any hygiene problems you observe, as well as anything useful that documents the progress of your illness and the effect it has on the remainder of your holiday.
- Speak to others at the hotel who have fallen ill with similar symptoms and keep in touch with them. Clearly, if several people who have eaten the same all-inclusive food provided have become sick, this strengthens your case
- Get in touch with a legal expert to help you properly pursue and quantify your Claim. Be careful about accepting any good will gestures or vouchers from the hotel or Tour Operator
Has your fun in the sun been been wrecked by illness? If so, you may be eligible to make a claim for compensation. This applies to families and children, too.
Tell our dedicated team what has happened and we could help you in securing the just award of compensation you seek. You can call us today on 0161 813 2131 Alternatively, complete our online form and one of the helpful Holiday Claims Bureau team will be in touch.
How it works
The Holiday Claims Bureau have helped thousands of people to receive the highest compensation payouts
Latest Holiday Claims News
Take a look at our recent compensation claim wins that we have secured for our clients