Be Live Family Costa los Gigantes: latest on “sickness bug”
Reviewers posting on TripAdvisor have said that their stays at the all-inclusive Be Live Family Costa los Gigantes in Tenerife were adversely affected by bouts of sickness. Hotel representatives have suggested that a virus on the island is responsible, while some guests have criticised food hygiene and questioned why they were not informed about the “outbreak” so that they could take appropriate action.
Holiday Claims Bureau encourages travellers who believe they have become ill as a consequence of food at a restaurant abroad to consider filing a food poisoning compensation claim. You can dial us at 01618132131 or if you are confident that you want to start your case immediately, file a claim online.
Officially rated 4-star by TUI, the hotel has 517 rooms along with a main buffet and a la carte restaurant. Most TripAdvisor reviews are very positive, but there are several exceptions in recent months. Guest Jet alleges “…I got poorly from eating the salad which was washed in their tap water…” .
Other March patrons have voiced their dissatisfaction:
“This was the worst holiday experience of our lives, all 8 of our family suffered with the sickness bug whilst here. We will never ever return! Waste of money, traumatic for all of us. Reps were very unhelpful” Hmbs9
“…the main let down was a sickness outbreak which seemed to spread through the hotel – not pleasant hearing your neighbours being sick!! We’re not sure if it was the food/ drinks machine/ swimming pools but our TUI Rep was very aware and mentioned this had been common for the last few weeks.” Catheath
The hotel Public Relations team responded on the review site to say: “There have been other reports and not only in our hotel but in the south area of the island. We even got an official certificate from the local doctor advising this situation. We have proceed following all steps in the procedures that our Quality Department and the main travel companies ask to our hotel and also advising to the main Health department of the island, who decided that they did not need to activate any other procedure as it wasn’t about food, pools or cleaning.”
Rob W1111 says that all four of his travelling party were stricken by a “terrible” sickness bug:
“Apparently its rife in the whole resort. Would never have went there had we known this. Shame there were no warnings at the hotel as we could have done more to protect ourselves.”
Other reviews allege there were issues with poor quality, “cold” food and claim their parties were ill with food poisoning as a result.
If episodes of illness are indeed viral rather than through guests ingesting some other food-borne pathogen, then Tour Operators should take appropriate steps alongside the partner hotel to prevent a spread of the illness and communicate details of the outbreak to guests.
If your travelling party has been stricken by gastric illness on your package break at the Be Live Family Costa los Gigantes and the Tour Operator has failed in its duty of care, Holiday Claims Bureau could help you to make a Claim for compensation. The symptoms are extremely uncomfortable and can be disruptive to both planned holiday activities and to everyday life once you get back home. The cost of medicines and transport to and from appointments can soon mount up and we pursue these expenses as well as an award for your pain and suffering and the reduced value of your holiday.
How it works
The Holiday Claims Bureau have helped thousands of people to receive the highest compensation payouts
Latest Holiday Claims News
Take a look at our recent compensation claim wins that we have secured for our clients