Can you make a claim for a coach, bus or shuttle accident on holiday?
If you’ve been involved in a coach, bus or shuttle accident while on holiday, it’s important to know that you may be entitled to make a claim for any injuries or losses you’ve suffered as a result of the accident.
Even if you haven’t taken out travel insurance, you can still make a claim. Understandably, when you or someone you know has been in an accident abroad, it can be a stressful situation.
It is important to seek legal advice as soon as possible, as you may have a right to compensation. Depending on the nature of the accident, you may be able to claim for physical injuries, financial losses, or emotional trauma. If you have experienced a coach, bus or shuttle accident, you should contact our holiday accident expert solicitors to discuss your rights and determine if you may be eligible to file a claim.
How to make a coach, bus or shuttle accident claim?
If you have been involved in an accident onboard a coach, bus, or shuttle, it is important that you take certain steps that will make your personal injury claim stronger:
- Gather evidence of the accident, including photographs, contact information for witnesses, and medical records.
- Notify the relevant authorities, such as the police, and seek legal advice from a holiday injury compensation company like Holiday Claims Bureau for help. Our specialist solicitors are ready to handle your claim.
- Keep all documents and correspondence related to the accident. This could help to prove negligence.
- It is also important to gather receipts of any expenses incurred during and after the accident.
- Follow the guidance of your solicitor.
What would prevent me from winning a claim?
There are a number of potential factors that could stand in the way of winning a claim in a bus, shuttle, or coach accident on holiday. These may include an inability to prove negligence, an inability to prove damages, or the presence of a waiver or release.
It is necessary to demonstrate that either the operator or another road user failed to meet their duty of care towards you, which then resulted in an accident that caused your injury. This can be challenging, so it is advisable to talk to the capable solicitors at Holiday Claims Bureau.
How much could I claim for?
The compensation you might receive from a claim for a bus, coach, or shuttle accident abroad will vary based on a number of factors, including the severity of the injury and the applicable laws in the jurisdiction where the accident occurred.
Moreover, it may be possible to claim compensation for mental or emotional distress as a consequence of the accident. You could also make claims for:
- The financial burdens of medical costs, transportation for medical appointments,
- Lost wages due to time off work
- Rehabilitation-related expenses, both short-term and long-term injuries.
- Loss of enjoyment of your holiday
An experienced holiday injury compensation organisation like Holiday Claims Bureau can help evaluate your case and pursue the compensation you may be entitled to.
Cover yourself legally
Holiday Claims Bureau has a long-standing tradition of providing assistance to UK citizens who have sustained injuries overseas and are seeking a just resolution. We have the expertise to craft the strongest possible claim, and where necessary, pursue it through the legal system. Even if you are uncertain of how to proceed, we can assist.
How it works
The Holiday Claims Bureau have helped thousands of people to receive the highest compensation payouts
Latest Holiday Claims News
Take a look at our recent compensation claim wins that we have secured for our clients