Illness and poor hygiene disrupts Brit’s stay at Grand Pasa Hotel, Marmaris
We have been contacted by a British holidaymaker after an onset of serious gastric illness during an all-inclusive package holiday at the Grand Pasa Hotel in Marmaris, Turkey in October 2018. If you have been affected by illnesses you’ve contracted on holiday, get in touch with Holiday Claims Bureau now.
Set amid an attractive mountain vista, the Grand Pasa Hotel is afforded a 4-star rating by Thomas Cook. All-inclusive guests can dine at the main buffet restaurant for all main meals, and a poolside snack bar offers mid-afternoon bites to eat.
It is alleged that the travelling party observed poor food hygiene at the hotel complex, including chicken dishes served undercooked and pink in areas, with flies having access to uncovered food trays. A few days into the holiday, our client became violently ill in the early hours, suffering with diarrhoea, vomiting and developing a worrying high temperature. Confined to the room for a couple of days and continuing to experience residual symptoms thereafter, the remainder of the holiday didn’t turn out to be the relaxing break the travelling group had hoped for. Other guests that our client met also claimed their travelling parties had also been hit by episodes of uncomfortable gastric symptoms.
Further visitors in the second half of the year raise concerns about the standard of food provided in their TripAdvisor reviews. Carolinelouis, from Glenrothes says “One morning me and my partner both eat the same thing for breakfast (freezing) scrambled eggs, toast and pancakes within 10/15 mins I was on the toilet so was he! And we weren’t the only couple not feeling well after food, few people telling us round pool they weren’t well either.”
Holiday Claims Bureau have handled claims for British package visitors to Marmaris and all over the world. If illness spoiled your much-anticipated package break at the Grand Pasa Hotel, we’re here to listen and help. It will need to be legally established that on the balance of probability, you became ill as a result of eating contaminated food as opposed to any other factors.
Our travel solicitors recommend you take the following steps to ensure that you give yourself the best chance of successfully recovering the compensation you deserve:
- Always report any illness in the party to the Tour Representative as well as hotel staff. The tour rep should document this: make sure you they give you a copy
- Seek medical attention, even if this is just visiting the resort pharmacy. The onset of symptoms of gastric illness can be sudden, uncomfortable and unpleasant. Keep hydrated
- Keep hold of receipts for any medication you have to pay for, along with any documentation from Doctor’s appointments
- Photograph and document any hygiene problems you observe, as well as anything useful that documents the progress of your illness and the effect it has on the remainder of your holiday.
- Speak to others at the hotel who have fallen ill with similar symptoms and keep in touch with them. Clearly, if several people who have eaten the same all-inclusive food provided have become sick, this strengthens your case
- Get in touch with a legal expert to help you properly pursue and quantify your Claim. Be careful about accepting any good will gestures or vouchers from the hotel or Tour Operator
Has your fun in the sun been been wrecked by illness? If so, you may be eligible to make a claim for compensation. This applies to families and children, too.
Tell our dedicated team what has happened and we could help you in securing the just award of compensation you seek. You can call us today on 0161 813 2131 . Alternatively, complete our online form and one of the helpful Holiday Claims Bureau team will be in touch.
How it works
The Holiday Claims Bureau have helped thousands of people to receive the highest compensation payouts
Latest Holiday Claims News
Take a look at our recent compensation claim wins that we have secured for our clients