UK Holidaymakers report returning from Hotel RIU Bambu, Punta Cana with gastric illnesses
There have been numerous reports surfacing in the last couple of months of holiday sickness and poor food hygiene at this hotel in the Dominican Republic.
Several UK holidaymakers are returning from the RIU Bambu complaining of stomach symptoms and raising numerous concerns about food hygiene at the hotel. Contemporaneous reviews point to “Flies ALL OVER THE FOOD!” and “…moulding and rotting meats being served on the buffet.” There are repeated references to flies and other pests presenting a significant problem in eating areas. One gentleman continues to experience stomach problems some weeks after his return to the UK. Other guests state that “…meat such as chicken, pork, steak and fish is never cooked properly…” and remark upon food being “mouldy and cold”.
Have you been affected?
In the event that you or others in your travelling party have suffered the symptoms of food poisoning after consuming food on your all-inclusive package holiday to the Hotel RIU Bambu, Punta Cana, these are our tips to maximise the prospects of you recovering the compensation award you merit:
- Seek medical attention
- Report your illness to the Tour Representative on-resort and keep a copy of a written report
- Report any concerns you have about hygiene to hotel staff and the Tour Representative
- Document and photograph any issues you observe
- Keep receipts for any medicines you purchase and medical treatment you pay for
- Maintain and exchange details contact with others you speak to at the resort who have fallen ill
- Be wary of accepting ‘goodwill gestures’ from the hotel or tour operator
- Seek independent legal advice
How can we help?
The Holiday Claims Bureau team has represented scores of UK Holidaymakers making holiday sickness claims after falling ill in the course of their holiday to the Dominican Republic.
If you want to look into the possibility of making a Claim on a No Win, No Fee basis, contact us 0161 813 2131 or complete the start your claim form and we will arrange for someone to get in touch with you soon.
How it works
The Holiday Claims Bureau have helped thousands of people to receive the highest compensation payouts
Latest Holiday Claims News
Take a look at our recent compensation claim wins that we have secured for our clients